YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Milky Mint Soap

'Wanna tell hand eczema to take off? Milky Mint Soap is the best way to do so!

Of recent months, this refreshing batch of soap has been a hit, as family members have been demanding it, which is pleasing, but also kind of annoying. (Me: "Family, stop mooching my soap and give me five bucks!")

'Can't say I blame 'em, though. Eczema runs in my family, as we all have sensitive Irish skin that doesn't take kindly to the harsh "soap" (i.e., detergent, not soap) from stores. That being said, I do have to admit, there's nothing quite like bathing in an all-natural, milky-mint soap. Made with nourishing organic milk, and using mostly Spearmint essential oil with a touch of Peppermint, the smell is so wonderfully invigorating in the shower! Spearmint essential oil has a sweeter scent than Peppermint, and is also less irritating to the skin, so a ratio of just a little Peppermint essential oil with more of the Spearmint essential oil makes a fine, minty soap.


Freshly poured batch of my Milky Mint Soap


Other essential oils, such as Lavender and Cedarwood, are known to help eczema, but this soap, with the addition of Nettle Leaf powder (known to aid in eczema) as well as the soothing milk, left my hands soft, smelling sweetly, and eczema free. Some people swear by goat milk for soap intended to aid eczema, but in my experience, organic cow milk is just as effective.



Fresh-cut milky mint soap, curing alongside my dragon's blood beer soaps. 

My etsy and ebay sites are under construction, but if you wish to order a batch via paypal, please email me at floweredunicorn@gmail.com.


This post was written for educational purposes only and only to reflect my own personal experiences with herbs and essential oils (I am my own guinea pig; what works for me may not work for you, and please consult a physician before using essential oils). My soaps are not intended to diagnose or cure any disease. Do not use essential oils while pregnant or nursing before consulting a physician.


No comments:

Post a Comment