YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Old School Gaming

I've been a gamer since... well, since I can remember.

If you were a product of the 80's (like me), you'd remember the glory days, too. I remember playing the Atari Pitfall! and then there were the hours I would spend on the Apple II, playing games such as Oregon Trail and Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? Oh, those were good times, indeed. But it got even better, with the release of the NES and Sega consoles. With the NES and SMS came some serious business: obsession and fandom of certain franchises.

With the NES's Zelda franschise, came the cartoon as well as the cereal (which tasted like lucky charms... it was oooooh sooooo gooood) so my childhood was certainly impacted by Nintendo. But the Sega Master System and it's successor, the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive, truly enchanted my childhood. I would draw maps of Phantasy Star's dungeon mazes, take them to the very nice school librarians, who would laminate the maps for me.

My obsession for Zelda remains, though, and I get excited about every new game released. As much as I enjoy the new games, I'll always remember the good ol' days. With this in mind, I am sharing an artwork I made in celebration of The Adventures of Link. Retro Zelda tends to be under-appreciated while so many (er, too many) continue to lavish praise over the very mediocre Twilight Princess.

So, here's to old school gaming, and old school Zelda.



The Adventure of Link artwork, drawn by me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment